ERROR: MQL file can't found

Ask questions about installation (how to, java and technical support)

ERROR: MQL file can't found

Postby Optimofx » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi, i have problems when i wanna "open Ea in MT4" , an error appears "ERROR: MQL file can not found. Please: make sure the MT4 directory Restar you program and try again.

I set the MT4 directory like this ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Alpari NZ MT4 )

¿¿Where is the problem??
Optimofx

Re: ERROR: MQL file can't found

Postby Jay » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Most likely NoProgra cannot write the ea in C:\Program Files (x86)\Alpari NZ MT4\experts

If you are running windows Vista or Windows 7, your NoProgra software may not be running properly. Most likely you cannot generate expert advisors.
The reason for these issues is that starting with Windows Vista Microsoft changed the default security settings for the “Program Files” folder, making it so NoProgra may not be able to save the generated ea or indicator in the “Program Files” folder. This new feature on Windows is called User Account Control or UAC.
There are several ways to fix this problem:
Option 1:
The best way to resolve the UAC issue is to install MetaTrader in a different folder from its default location. When installing MetaTrader 4 just after the license agreement, you can change the installation folder for example from:
C:\Program Files\MetaTrader to C:\MetaTrader

Option 2:
Change the folder permission of the folder where MetaTrader is already installed:
1. Locate in the windows explorer the folder where you have installed MetaTrader 4, right-click the folder and then click Properties.
2. This will open the property screen for this folder and on the Security tab click on Edit.
3. A new screen will open, select Users, check Full control (Allow) and then Apply.
4. Select Trusted Installer, check Full control (Allow) and then Apply.
5. Select Administrators, check Full control (Allow) and then Apply.
6. Click all OK and you are done.
Jay

Postby willy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:24 pm

Hi,

I have used both options 1and 2 to resolve the issue, but still the MT4 directory is not set properly. Any other suggestion please?! Thanks
willy

Postby Jay » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:41 pm

Those instructions are outdated.
Now with the new changes to mt4 you need to use the save as option after generating the ea
Thus you save the mq4 file in your experts directory. It is the same way you would use an ea you got from Internet
Jay

Return to Installation Questions